The Puente Project is a transfer preparation program designed to increase the number of educationally underserved students who transfer to four-year colleges and universities, earn degrees, and return to their communities as mentors. The program is offered as a partnership between the University of California and the California Community Colleges.
Puente works! Data has proven that Puente students transfer at over twice the average rate of non-Puente students.
Puente Project students:
- are taught by Puente-trained teachers and counselors.
- take a rigorous two-course English class sequence (ENGL 142B & ENGL 1A) with a focus on Latino and multicultural authors.
- take personal development classes (COUNS 103A & COUNS 103B) focused on college success, transfer preparation and self-exploration.
- work closely with their Puente counselors to prepare an academic plan, focus on academic and professional goals, and transfer to a four-year university.
- receive one-on-one mentoring from members of the professional community.
- participate in activities such as educational and cultural field trips are designed to engage the student in an exciting learning community that creates a foundation of support for student success.
Puente Project Eligibility
Clutch Pearl Green Shaped Butterfly Morpho Leather London Flat Evening Faux with Large Bag Envelope Women Style Long Chain Sequined 2 for Beaded Xardi
Puente Project Fall 2018 Orientations
Puente Project Faculty + Staff
Long Butterfly with Shaped Leather Clutch Flat Women Sequined Envelope Bag Faux Chain Xardi Style Evening Pearl for Large Beaded Morpho Green London 2